If you’re following a keto diet, you know how hard it can be to find restaurant meals that fit your strict carb limit. But never fear! We’ve rounded up some of the best keto-friendly restaurant meals from some of your favorite chains. And trust us, these delicious dishes will have you feeling satisfied (and not deprived).
Keto diet basics
If you’re following a keto diet, you know that finding restaurant meals that fit your diet can be a challenge. But never fear! There are plenty of delicious keto-friendly options out there if you know where to look. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Grilled chicken or steak with vegetables. This classic meal is a great option when dining out, and it’s easy to make keto-friendly by skipping the starch and loading up on veggies.
2. Salad with grilled chicken or shrimp. A big salad is a great way to get your fill of vegetables, and adding protein will help keep you satisfied. Just be sure to order dressing on the side so you can control how much you use.
3. Soup and salad combo. Most soups are fairly carb-heavy, but ordering a light soup like broth-based vegetable soup along with a salad is a great way to get in some nutrients without overdoing it on the carbs.
4. Sushi rolls without rice. Sushi can be a great option when following a keto diet, as long as you skip the rice in your rolls. Instead, load up on fish, vegetables, and avocado for a satisfying meal.
5. burgers without buns Another fast food favorite that can easily be made keto-friendly – just ditch the bun and enjoy your burger with all the fixings on top!
What to order at popular restaurant chains
If you’re following the keto diet, you know that finding restaurant meals that fit your diet can be tricky. However, there are plenty of delicious keto-friendly options out there if you know where to look. Here are some of the best keto-friendly meals you can order at popular restaurant chains.
At Chipotle, you can create a delicious and filling keto bowl with a base of cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, black beans, chicken or steak, fajita veggies, guacamole, and salsa.
At Panera Bread, go for the Power Keto Salad with grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, avocado dressing, cheese, and bacon bits.
If you’re craving Chinese food, P.F. Chang’s has a few great low-carb options including the Chang’s Spicy Chicken and the DanDan Noodles (without the noodles).
For a fast-food option that’s surprisingly keto-friendly, check out Hardee’s Low Carb Thickburger which has 34 grams of fat and only 5 grams of carbs.
How to make your own ketofriendly meals at home
If you’re following a ketogenic diet, you know that finding keto-friendly restaurant meals can be a challenge. But with a little creativity, it is possible to find delicious, low-carb meals at your favorite restaurants.
Here are some tips for finding keto-friendly restaurant meals:
1. Ask about substitutions. Many restaurants are willing to make substitutions to accommodate special diets. For example, you could ask for a salad instead of fries or rice, or swap out the tortilla in a burrito for lettuce.
2. Get creative with sides. Side dishes are often where you’ll find the most carbs in a restaurant meal. But there are usually plenty of low-carb options to choose from, such as steamed vegetables or a side salad.
3. Skip the breading and sauces. Breaded and fried foods are usually off-limits on the keto diet, as well as high-carb sauces like ketchup or BBQ sauce. But that doesn’t mean your meal has to be boring! Ask for extra seasoning on your protein, or get creative with condiments like mustard or avocado salsa.
Top keto diet recipes from restaurants
If you’re following a keto diet, you know that finding delicious, low-carb meals can be a challenge, especially when dining out. But never fear! There are plenty of delicious keto-friendly options to choose from at your favorite restaurants. Here are some of our favorites:
Chipotle: A burrito bowl with chicken, fajita veggies, guacamole, and salsa is the perfect keto meal. Just skip the rice and beans.
Panda Express: A small order of kung pao chicken with extra veggies is a great option. Just ask for no rice.
Chick-fil-A: Order a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun and add avocado for a yummy meal on the go.
These are just a few of the delicious keto-friendly restaurant meals you’ll love. So next time you’re feeling stuck on what to order, remember these great options!
Eating out while on the keto diet
If you’re following the keto diet, you know that eating out can be tricky. But with a little planning, you can enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal at your favorite restaurant. Here are some keto-friendly options to order next time you’re dining out:
Salads are a great option when eating out on the keto diet. Look for a salad with plenty of healthy fats, like avocados or olive oil-based dressing.
Another great option is to order a protein-rich dish and ask for it to be served without the carb-heavy sides. For example, you could order grilled chicken or fish with steamed vegetables.
If you’re craving something sweeter, many restaurants offer sugar-free dessert options that are perfect for the keto dieter. Ask your waiter for recommendations.
With a little bit of planning, eating out on the keto diet can be enjoyable and satisfying.
Tips for sticking to your keto diet
If you’re following a keto diet, you know that meals out at restaurants can be a challenge. But with a little planning, you can enjoy delicious, keto-friendly meals at your favorite eateries. Here are some tips to help you stick to your diet while dining out:
1. Choose restaurants that offer keto-friendly options. More and more restaurants are offering low-carb and keto-friendly menu items. Do a little research ahead of time to find an eatery that will have something for you to eat.
2. Ask about modifications. Don’t be afraid to ask your server about modifications that can be made to menu items to make them more keto-friendly. Many restaurants are happy to accommodate special requests.
3. Stick with simple orders. When in doubt, go for the simplest option on the menu. A plain grilled chicken breast or steak will usually be a safe bet when dining out on a keto diet.
4. Avoid high-carb sides and sauces. Be careful of high-carb sides and sauces when ordering from a restaurant menu – these can quickly derail your diet efforts. Instead, opt for simple sides like steamed vegetables or a salad without croutons or dressing (ask for dressing on the side so you can control how much you use).
What fast food restaurants have keto items?
If you’re following the keto diet, you know that finding restaurants that have keto-friendly options can be a challenge. But never fear! There are plenty of delicious keto diet-friendly meals to be found at your favorite fast food spots. Here are some of our favorites:
Burger King: Whopper Jr. without the bun or ketchup
McDonald’s: Grilled Artisan Chicken Sandwich without the bun
Wendy’s: Power Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Chicken and Caesar Vinaigrette dressing
Chick-fil-A: Chargrilled Chicken Cool Wrap in a lettuce wrap with American cheese, avocado lime ranch dressing, and bacon
Panda Express: String Bean Chicken Breast
What foods can I eat freely on keto?
If you’re following a keto diet, you may be wondering what sorts of foods you can eat freely. While there are some restrictions on the keto diet, there are also plenty of delicious foods that you can enjoy. Here are some keto-friendly restaurant meals that you’re sure to love:
1. Grilled chicken or steak with vegetables. Most restaurants will be able to accommodate a keto diet by grilling chicken or steak and serving it with vegetables instead of rice or potatoes.
2. Salmon with salad. Salmon is a great source of healthy fats, making it perfect for a keto diet. Order your salmon with a salad instead of carb-heavy sides to stay on track.
3. Soup and salad combo. Many soups are naturally low in carbs, so they make a great option for a keto meal. Pair your soup with a salad for a complete meal that won’t weigh you down.
4. Burger without the bun. Most burgers can easily be made keto-friendly by skipping the bun and adding extra lettuce, tomato, and onion instead. Just make sure to ask for no ketchup or other sauces that may contain sugar.
5These options should give you plenty of ideas for delicious, keto-friendly meals that you can enjoy at your favorite restaurants!
Are steakhouses Keto friendly?
If you’re following a keto diet, you know how hard it can be to find restaurant meals that fit into your plan. But don’t worry—we’ve got you covered. Here are some of the best keto-friendly options available at steakhouses.
The first thing you’ll want to do is avoid any breaded or fried items on the menu. That means no onion rings, no fried chicken, and no fish and chips. Instead, focus on ordering lean protein like steak, chicken, or fish. Most steakhouses will have at least one option that’s cooked without any added fat or flour, so you can stay on track while still enjoying a delicious meal out.
When it comes to sides, skip the potatoes and opt for something green instead. Many steakhouses offer salads as a side dish, or you could ask for steamed vegetables if they’re not listed on the menu. As long as you avoid high-carb items like corn or peas, you should be able to stick to your diet while still enjoying a filling meal.
What pub food is Keto friendly?
If you’re following the keto diet, you know that finding restaurants that offer keto-friendly meals can be a challenge. But don’t despair—there are plenty of delicious options out there if you know where to look. Here are some of our favorite keto diet-friendly restaurant meals.
At most breakfast joints, your best bet is to order eggs any style with a side of bacon or sausage. But if you’re looking for something a little different, try the breakfast burrito at Baja Fresh. This low-carb meal features eggs, cheese, and avocado wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. Just skip the sour cream and salsa on top to keep it keto-approved.
For lunch or dinner, head to your local Chipotle and order a salad with chicken or steak, guacamole, cheese, and sour cream. Or go for a burrito bowl with the same toppings—just hold the tortilla. Another great option is Pita Pit’s chicken or steak pita without the pita bread—just ask for a lettuce wrap instead. And at Panera Bread, you can get almost any salad as a “You Pick Two” option with half an order of low-carb soup as your second item. Just make sure to avoid high-carb items like croutons, tortilla strips, and rice when choosing your salad ingredients.
Whether you’re dining out or cooking at home, there are plenty of delicious keto diet-friendly options to choose from!